The Global Language Network is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization founded by Andrew Brown in 2005 in Washington, DC. GLN’s mission is: “using language as a tool to help fix our world.” Through this mission, we at GLN provide opportunities to learn any language at a minimal cost through our engaging, in-person language classes.
We are presently seeking a qualified candidate to join our Board of Directors. Please note, this is a volunteer position.
One main function of our Board is to set policy and direction for the organization consistent with federal, state and local laws, and to see that these policies are implemented.
The Board as a whole helps with various aspects of strategic planning, financial oversight, public relations and general advising on key organizational needs and strategies.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who believes in the mission of the organization and wishes to help GLN grow and expand.
- Be part of growing a small not-for-profit organization
- Work closely with GLN’s Founder and President, along with an enthusiastic staff and large volunteer base
- Immense opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Fun, diverse and creative environment
- Opportunity to learn languages with GLN for free after work
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude, eager to learn and grow with the organization
- Able to meet at least 4 times per year
- Respond to all phone and email communications in a timely manner
- Complete Board training that GLN will organize
- Make a philanthropic contribution on a yearly basis or otherwise raise such funds.
- Bring a specific expertise, skill, experience, or knowledge to the Board
To find out more about GLN, please visit our website: www.TheGLN.org