The Global Language Network (GLN) is a small not-for-profit that does a lot with a little. Our mission is to “use language as a tool to help fix our world” and we constantly strive to build a Network of Givers, for Givers, by Givers.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who believes in the mission of the organization, would like to help GLN grow and expand, and is looking to grow both personally and professionally in the process.
The GLN Outreach / Marketing Coordinator is a newly-created role and will be primarily focused on one central purpose: increasing enrollment in our language classes. To some extent it will also include teacher recruitment and, when applicable, managing a small team of interns and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing a strategy for recruiting students to enroll in GLN’s language classes. More specifically, the employee will be responsible for bringing the current enrollment from approximately 750 students per semester to approximately 950 students. This will include general outreach for all language classes as well as targeted outreach for specific classes based on language.
- Creating strategic partnerships with a wide variety of non-profit and for-profit organizations, embassies, colleges, professional and industry associations, and more.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for recruiting teachers for the GLN Teaching Fellowship.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for recruiting volunteers as needed.
- Creating and/or assisting with marketing content to boost enrollment.
- Assisting with GLN’s partnerships which includes boosting enrollment within partner bases.
- Provide support to and assist GLN’s Executive Director and organizational leadership with daily operations as necessary
- Since we rely heavily on volunteers, flexibility in schedule is a must. Some volunteers can only meet after standard work hours (ie 6pm, 7pm)–in which case hours can be shifted around to accommodate.
Note: we are a small, fast growing non-profit and we cannot offer a comprehensive benefits package at this time. We are however offering a generous 401k package with a sliding-scale employer match.
- Immense opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Fun, diverse and creative environment
- Opportunity to learn languages with GLN for free after work
- 401k employer contributions
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good people skills and comfortable with cold outreach and thinking outside of the box
- Excellent sales and customer service skills would be particularly helpful but not required
- Very organized and timely
- Positive attitude, flexible, patient, good sense of humor, professional, and eager to learn and grow with the organization
E-mail your resume and a brief cover letter to Global Language Network, Attention Andrew Brown at Info@TheGLN.org
If you are selected from the first pool of applicants, we will ask you to complete an online application.
*Please be sure to include in your cover letter any relevant and qualifying formal or informal experience you have in sales, marketing, recruitment, and/or outreach.
Only complete applications will be reviewed!
To find out more about GLN, please visit our website: www.TheGLN.org
- Please be sure that your US residency or visa status allows you to have employment. At this time we will not be sponsoring work visas.
- You can still apply, but there are limited interviews available, so apply now!
- Interviews will be conducted via Zoom (approximately).
- The position will start in early July, approximately.
- Training will take place via Zoom or Skype.
- If you can meet this timeline we look forward to reviewing your application!
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our entire team is currently working remotely. As soon as we can safely resume business in Washington, DC, we will bring our team back to the office and all work will be done from our office in DC. We prefer the employee to work from our DC-based office once we move back in person but we may be able to extend remote working based on proven success working remotely.